Soaring Majestically: The Harpy Eagle, Nature's Aerial Dynamo

The Lensmaster Lounge / Something that is a concern - I'd like to discuss this

Hmm - well, for something like the recent LOTD picks, it's great that they're focussing on RM lenses. Perhaps next week we could have lenses that are NOT in RM? (Because honestly, the rest of the year it's not like the RM lenses can't be LOTD, but they have to compete on their own merits rather than being singled out).

That's the one that grates with me the most - there's a lot of support and community here on Squidoo, and I never really dared join into the newbie groups and the going for Giant group, so I probably wouldn't join the RM one either (or equivalent) even if I could. But that's up to me. The theme, I don't mind, because it's just another option, and we have a lot of great ones - it's not DIS-advantaging anyone else. But now, missing out on LOTD? (well, in theory!) It's a bit bitter, sitting on the sidelines (and the thing is, the lenses that keep appearing? They're great - and I KNOW them all, which is mostly because they're good, and partly because the lensmaster is active and involved - and I'm wondering what's so 'Rocketmum' about them, why couldn't they be featured the rest of the year? Are they just not considered quite good enough to compete on their on merits? Why can't we show the normal lenses as well, to show the people who've been managing without Rocketmum? )

And also, what next will they get? Because the concessions and awards are getting larger, hence the escalating issues.  The problem is, groups GETTING things - promotion, recognition, help - is great, I sit there and think 'wonderful! that's really nice,  they earned that, it helps them, now we... wait, we? Oh well, just because I'm not involved doesn't mean,... wait. I can't be. And other people can't be either. And it's not even based on whether I'm interested or a good lensmaster, or because they can only have so many people. It's because I don't choose to lie and present myself as a mother with children (which incidentally, may be an oversimplification, but one wonders if there's anyone who does).

It's like all the 'US-only' features you see on the net, which while rankling, are understandable due to taxes and laws, but still exclude. and have a noticeable effect of 'oh, blah, I can't join that, why should I care? HEY? They're getting MORE?' And, as some of you know, quite apart from not having kids (or wanting them - heck, I'm still in uni! And sort of lacking in certain requirements such as a partner XD ) I don't want to ally myself with something so blatantly gender-orientated. My problems, yes. But lots of other people have similar issues - and there is no recognition of that. Going on about how wonderful RM's is and rewarding it as a group acts as an implication that we should join it. And we CAN'T. So yes, it is very exclusive. And giving things that then removes the chance of anyone else getting them disadvantages the rest of us, and yes, is unfair.

Posted via web from Thoughts and Things